Thursday, January 11, 2018

FROM DAYS GONE BY Dec. 19, 1919

December 19, 1919.

Christmas is right around the corner so i'm sharing some Dear Santa Claus letters from Christmas of 1919. This should remind some of how simple times were back then. These were written by Johnson County children.
Dear Santa,
I wish you would bring me a cameo ring and a doll cart, some doll furniture and a tea set and some fruit. I am in the 4th grade. Mama, papa and Carl and Uncle Clayton don't forget. Your loving little girl.
Juliette Roundtree


Dear Santa,
I want a vanity case, ring, doll, bank story book and a box of candy. My brother wants a wagon, checker board and false face. And please don't forget papa and mama.
Sara Mae and Eugene Smith


Dear Santa,
Christmas will soon be here. Please bring me a big doll cart and several other pretty things. Bring our brother a train. Sister wants a doll and lots of fruit. Bring baby brother a rattler and bring papa and mama plenty of fruit.
Lucile Webb


Dear Santa,
We want you to please send us a big blue eyed doll, some nice fruits and candies and we will thank you very much. We wash dishes and clean the house. So, Santa, please do not forget us.
Albert and Velma Sheppard


Dear Santa Claus,
I am a little girl in the 5th grade. Will you please bring me a dress a friendship bracelet, and tea set and doll. Many thanks. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, I am. Your little girl.
Vennie Oliver


Dear Santa,
We want a sleepy doll, cart and bed and a tea set and a whole lot of fruit and candy, please. Also a little piano and stove and an automobile. And do remember our little brother.
Alma and Mary Lizzie Hutcherson


Dear Santa Claus,
I am a little girl in the 7th grade, will you please bring me a 4 pound box of chocklate candy and a diamond ring. Many thanks wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. One of your little girls.
Willie Mae Price

No comments:

Post a Comment